Italian Cream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
We've got a dessert recipe that's as good as gold! Our bakery-style Italian Cream Cake recipe may be a box cake mix recipe, but it ends up with layer upon layer of a to-die-for from-scratch taste that'll make you feel like a star baker. You're gonna love how easy it is to make this fantastic cake recipe, and anyone who's lucky enough to get a bite will too.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 3/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 2 (16-ounce) containers cream cheese frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour. (Yes, 3 layers!)
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, and oil 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and 3/4 cup pecans. Pour batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Sprinkle each cake layer with rum, if desired; let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir together frosting and remaining 1 cup pecans. Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake (See Tips). Chill 2 hours before slicing.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- The best way to frost a cake like this is to schmear the outside of the cake with a thin layer of the frosting. Pop it in the fridge to firm up and then cover that layer with more frosting. The results…a picture perfect cake that will melt in your mouth.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- We've got even more Italian sweets like this Italian Cream Cake recipe in our collection of 8 Easy Italian Dessert Recipes, so be sure to check them all out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 589
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 32g 48 %
- Saturated Fat 7.7g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.6g 11 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 425mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 75g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 54g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!