Italian Cream Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
We've got a dessert recipe that's as good as gold! Our bakery-style Italian Cream Cake recipe may be a box cake mix recipe, but it ends up with layer upon layer of a to-die-for from-scratch taste that'll make you feel like a star baker. You're gonna love how easy it is to make this fantastic cake recipe, and anyone who's lucky enough to get a bite will too.
Sign Up for More Recipes!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 3/4 cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 2 (16-ounce) containers cream cheese frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour. (Yes, 3 layers!)
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, and oil 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and 3/4 cup pecans. Pour batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Sprinkle each cake layer with rum, if desired; let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir together frosting and remaining 1 cup pecans. Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake (See Tips). Chill 2 hours before slicing.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- The best way to frost a cake like this is to schmear the outside of the cake with a thin layer of the frosting. Pop it in the fridge to firm up and then cover that layer with more frosting. The results…a picture perfect cake that will melt in your mouth.
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- We've got even more Italian sweets like this Italian Cream Cake recipe in our collection of 8 Easy Italian Dessert Recipes, so be sure to check them all out!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 589
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 32g 48 %
- Saturated Fat 7.7g 38 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.6g 11 %
- Cholesterol 50mg 17 %
- Sodium 425mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 75g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 54g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
What could be better on a cold winter night than a skillet supper bursting with the hearty flavors of smoked sausage and cabbage? Nothing! And few can beat the ease of our Skillet Sausage 'n' Cabbage. This cabbage recipe is the perfect fill-you-up one-pot meal option for chilly autumn and winter evenings. Even the pickiest members of your family won't be able to resist this classic. The hearty combination of cabbage and sausage will keep you warm and satisfied, which is one of the reasons people love cabbage and sausage dinner recipes in the winter. Oh, it's so comforting!