Lemon Macadamia Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With a few of your own touches, they'll never know you started this Lemon Macadamia Cake with a cake mix!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package lemon cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (7-ounce) jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped, divided (see Note)
- 1 (15 ¾-ounce) can lemon pie filling, divided
- 1 cup (½ pint) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
What to Do
Stir lemon peel into cake batter and pour batter into two (9-inch) round layer pans, per the package directions; sprinkle each layer with 1/4 cup chopped nuts and bake according to package directions. When cooled completely, place one cake layer upside-down on a serving plate.
Reserve 1/2 cup lemon pie filling and place remaining pie filling in a medium bowl; add 1/2 cup chopped nuts and spread over cake layer. Top with second cake layer and spoon reserved lemon pie filling in center of top layer; chill.
In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream 4 to 5 minutes, or until stiff peaks form; beat in sugar until well combined, then frost the sides of the cake and around the filling on top of the cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped nuts and chill at least 2 hours. Serve, or cover loosely and keep chilled until ready to serve.
We suggest coarsely chopping the macadamia nuts with a chef's knife. That way, the pieces are big enough to really give you something to bite into!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!