Little Engineer's Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Delight your train-obsessed little boy or girl with this tasty and fun-to-create cake. Who knows? You might even stoke an interest in engineering!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 container (16 ounces) white frosting
- 4 food colors of your choice
- 16 miniature sandwich cookies
- Assorted candies such as Starburst, Tootsie Rolls, licorice, etc.
What to Do
- Cut the pound cake in half crosswise then cut each half lengthwise to form 4 boxcar shapes. Place the cake pieces on a platter to form a train.
- Divide the frosting into 4 bowls and add a different food color to each to create 4 different colors. Frost each boxcar with a different color frosting.
- Use mini sandwich cookies to make wheels, Starburst candies for windows, Tootsie Rolls for a smokestack and licorice to connect the wheels and boxcars to each other. Serve immediately, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
For more information on The Gold Coast Railroad Museum, go to www.goldcoast-railroad.org