Maple-Bacon Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Maple and bacon are practically a match made in heaven, and when you use the flavor combo to make this Maple-Bacon Ooey Gooey Butter Cake you've got yourself a dessert that's on a whole other playing field. This gooey butter cake recipe is simply d-e-licious!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound package bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 5 eggs, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 3 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, melted butter, and 2 eggs until well blended. Spread mixture evenly into bottom of baking dish.
- In another large bowl, mix cream cheese, remaining eggs, maple extract, and 3 cups confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in half the bacon. Pour mixture over cake mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Sprinkle evenly with remaining bacon. Drizzle with maple syrup and dust with remaining confectioners' sugar.
If you can't find maple extract, you can always substitute with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 552
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31g 48 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 75 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 16g 32 %
- Cholesterol 146mg 49 %
- Sodium 1,117mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 52g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 39g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ready to change up your sides? Our Vegetable Couscous recipe is a Moroccan-favorite and it's so versatile, it'll never get old! Not only can you switch it up with your favorite veggies, but you can eat it hot, or cold! Now that's definitely a side dish to put on the menu!