Molten Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Create a culinary earthquake with our Molten Chocolate Cake. There's no such thing as a bad chocolate cake, but this is an unusually good one! Frankly, we can't get enough. The ooey-gooey texture of this delicious cake is sure to bring smiles to everyone who gets a taste. You might want to make copies of the recipe beforehand, because the chocolate lovers in your life will be thrilled!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat 9-inch round cake pan or deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder, and salt. Add milk, oil, and vanilla; mix with a spoon until smooth. Stir in walnuts then pour batter into cake pan.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour hot water over brown sugar and cocoa.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is cracked and cake is just firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes. While still warm, cut into wedges and serve topped with sauce from bottom of pan.
Check This Out!
- Need more chocoalte? Try our Chocolate-Toppped Banana Cake, our Chocolate Chip Pound Cake, or our Chocolate Custard Cake!
- Plus, don't miss our Homemade Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
- For more Valentine's Day desserts, make our Blushing Frosted Brownies, our Raspberry Cream Filled Chocolate Cups, or our Sweetheart Candy Bark.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 326
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 1.2mg 0 %
- Sodium 283mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 40g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.