My Grandmother's Honey Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We recently rediscovered a treasured recipe that's as sweet as honey, just like the grandma who first shared it with us. This homemade honey cake recipe is one that warms our hearts and our bellies, 'cause it's full of spices and tummy-lovin' ingredients.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat two 4- x 8-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine honey and baking soda; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Add coffee and wine; mix well. Add remaining ingredients and the honey mixture and beat until thoroughly combined. Pour into loaf pans.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
If you love honey, you'll also love our Honey Almond French Braid -- give it a try!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!