No-Shortening Pineapple Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These days, most people want less fat in their diets. Here's a dessert that has less fat, but not less taste. Really! (I didn't believe it either, until I tried it myself!)
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and sugar. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9" X 13" baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely before topping.
Serve topped with fresh, canned, or frozen fruit, a sprinkle of confectioners' sugar, or Cream Cheese Frosting.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!