Nutty Mexican Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll go "nuts" for this Nutty Mexican Chocolate Cake once you taste this mouth-watering goodness.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped slivered almonds, toasted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, egg substitute, and oil; add to dry ingredients. Stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Serve warm.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.