Old-Fashioned Hot Milk Cake
This easy hot milk cake recipe is fluffy and delicious!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Do you remember when Mom would bring out her famous hot milk cake after dinner and everyone would line up for a piece? Well, we recreated one of your favorites to bring you this Old-Fashioned Hot Milk Cake Recipe. It's a simple cake, made with simple ingredients, that tastes simply amazing.
If you've never enjoyed a scalded milk cake recipe before, you might wonder what makes it so special. First of all, we love the simple flavors of vanilla and milk in this cake. If you're a fan of shortbread or pound cake, we think you too will enjoy the classic flavors of this hot milk cake! The springy texture is another thing that makes this type of cake special. Did you know that scalding the milk, in addition to giving a richer flavor, also improves the texture of the cake? It's true! The warm milk makes for a springier cake and a more delicate crumb.
All of this is to say that we are excited to share this special old-fashioned cake recipe. We hope that you and your family enjoy it as much as we have!
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt, then gradually beat into egg mixture.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat milk and butter until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter, beating until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- What's the best way to serve this cake? We recommend dusting it with powdered sugar for a little added sweetness. You can also serve it with fresh berries and whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. All of these will complement the classic flavors of the cake!
- We love hot milk cake for dessert, but we also think it makes a great snack or even breakfast treat. For a snack, serve it plain or with a dusting of powdered sugar. You can cut it into smaller slices to make the portion size perfect to go along with an afternoon cup of tea or coffee. For breakfast, you could serve this cake with a smear of strawberry jam and a side of fresh fruit. It's a sweet and delicious way to start the day!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 231
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 226mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Add a little spice to your life with our recipe for Sriracha Short Ribs! These short ribs are cooked till they're fall-apart tender and then slathered with a delicious sauce made from Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. The results are absolutely mouthwatering!