We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is the kind of cake that you need to make and share when you get a new neighbor. Just one bite of these pear squares shouts, "Welcome to the neighborhood!"
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pears, drained, dried, and cut into chunks
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and butter; using your hands, mix until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Press 2-3/4 cups of crumb mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Set aside remaining crumb mixture.
- Add cinnamon, baking soda, salt, yogurt, vanilla, and egg to remaining crumb mixture; mix well. Stir in pears, then spoon evenly over crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 1 hour, then cut into squares and serve.
Once cooled, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar for that extra special touch!