Pinwheel Cake and Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Pinwheel Cake and Cream recipe is so good, you'll be reeling by the time it's gone! Send your gang wheeling around for more with this fruity, summer dessert.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 (4 serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup light frozen whipped topping, thawed (an 8-ounce container equals 3-1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 nectarine, peach, or plum, cut into bite-sized slices
- 1 light or regular golden pound cake (about 12 ounces), sliced
- 2 cups cut summer fruit
What to Do
Pour milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mix and beat to blend well, about 3 minutes. Allow to sit 5 minutes to thicken slightly. Stir in whipped topping, grated orange peel, and fruit slices.
- Arrange pound cake slices in a pinwheel design by overlapping them on a large serving plate. Spoon pudding mixture evenly over cake slices. Top with 2 cups cut summer fruit and serve.
If making this ahead, chill after spooning the pudding mixture over the cake, then top with the 2 cups fruit just before serving. For summer fruit, we like to use a sliced peach, and 1/2 cup each of strawberries, seedless grapes, and raspberries. You can also use nectarines, plums, and blueberries.
Bring on the pound cake! Check out more of our favorite pound cake recipes here.
- If you can't get enough of these strawberries, make sure to check out our collection of 30 Easy Strawberry Dessert Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 160
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 171mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 8.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, you can have both with our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinner time, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!