Pumpkin Nut Torte
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At Thanksgiving, everyone looks forward to having a slice of good old pumpkin pie -- but here's another delicious way to enjoy our favorite holiday dessert flavors.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (15-ounce) can 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (16-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Add chopped walnuts to prepared batter and bake according to package directions for two 9-inch round cake pans. Allow to cool completely on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until thoroughly mixed. Add whipped topping and mix until well blended.
- Cut each cake layer in half horizontally, making a total of 4 cake layers. Place 1 cake layer on a platter and top with one quarter of the pumpkin mixture, spreading just to the edges, leaving the sides unfrosted. Repeat the layers of cake and pumpkin mixture 3 more times, ending with the pumpkin mixture.
- Cover loosely and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Top with additional chopped walnuts for that fancy finishing touch.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to choosing healthier meal options and indulging in something delicious, you can have both with our Steakhouse Salad! If you can't give up your love of steak, but need to start looking for something lighter at dinner time, this is the recipe for you. This meal gets a seal of approval from both veggie lovers and meat lovers everywhere, so don't miss out!