Raspberry Almond Mocha Torte
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A torte is a pretty fancy-sounding dessert, huh? And for most people it means spending hours in the kitchen mixing, rolling, and baking. Say no more because with just a few easy steps we've got our own torte that rivals any from a bakery. Your family will think you've found a career as a pastry chef.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) pound cake
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 (16-ounce) container chocolate frosting
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
What to Do
- With a serrated knife, slice the pound cake into 5 horizontal slices.
- Place the bottom slice on a platter and spread a quarter of the preserves over the slice. Repeat 3 more times then top with the final layer of pound cake.
- Stir the coffee granules into the container of frosting, mixing well. Spread over the top and sides of the cake then sprinkle the top with the almonds.
It's okay to use any flavor preserves. I even like to mix and match 'em - it's a great way to finish up the little bit that's left in a bunch of different jars in the fridge.