Raspberry Potato Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We can bet that no one would ever guess this heavenly cake is made with Idaho potatoes -- because we sure didn't! Surprise your gang with a unique treat that they'll fall in love with.
What You'll Need
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 medium Idaho potatoes, boiled and mashed (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time; mix well. Add mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup preserves, flour, baking powder, and salt; mix until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan and cool completely. Serve topped with remaining preserves.
- If you really want to make this look fancy, garnish with fresh raspberries before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.