Sky High German Chocolate Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This is not your average, run-of-the-mill German Chocolate Cake. Oh no! This is a four-layered, Sky High German Chocolate Cake! Boy will everyone be impressed!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- Pecan halves for garnish
What to Do
- Bake cake according to package directions for 2 (8-inch) round cake pans. Let cool. Cut each cake in half horizontally to make 4 layers.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sweetened condensed milk, butter, and vanilla. Cook about 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter. Spread 1/4 of the coconut mixture on top. Repeat with remaining layers and garnish with pecan halves. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf recipe! Unlike other meatloaves that are sort of dry and tasteless, this one is super juicy and packed with flavor inside and out. And the combo of the bacon and the glaze makes this truly irresistible.