Spring Flower Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you think you know seasonal cakes, think again. Spring Flower Cake perfectly evokes clear skies and freshly cut grass. Even better, it tastes great!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 drops food color, any color
- 1 (10-ounce) store-bought prepared round angel food cake
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and cut in half
What to Do
- Place the coconut in a resealable plastic bag. Add the food color and mix until evenly tinted; set aside.
- Place the cake on a large serving plate. Frost the top and sides with whipped topping then sprinkle with coconut. Cut cake into 8 slices, leaving slices in place until all are cut, then carefully pulling out the slices and separating them slightly to resemble the petals of a flower in bloom.
- Spoon the strawberries into the center of the flower. Cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!