Stacked Black Forest Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
As they bite through layer after layer, your friends will applaud this new version of a dessert classic. Yup, this cake will stack up against any other dessert.
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-pound) chocolate pound cake
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (20 to 21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
What to Do
Slice pound cake lengthwise into thirds.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine whipped topping, cream cheese, and confectioners' sugar; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
Place bottom layer of cake on a serving platter and spread with 1/3 of the topping mixture. Spread 1/3 of pie filling over topping mixture and place middle layer of cake over it.
- Repeat layers, ending with pie filling on top. Cover and chill 1 hour or until ready to serve.
For the neatest slices, cut this with a serrated knife.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!