We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
This cake doesn't just look pretty, it tastes amazing too! Our Strawberry-Lemonade Cake is a great cake for the warmer months, when we crave lighter and brighter flavors. Plus, it starts out with a box of cake mix, so you know it's going to be easy. We're sure you're going to love it!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (4-serving size) package strawberry-flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, gelatin mix, strawberries, eggs, oil, and water, 2 to 3 minutes or until well mixed. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- To make frosting, in a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Slowly beat in 2 cups sugar at a time, alternating with lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Stir in lemon zest.
- Place one cake layer upside down on a serving plate and frost the top. Place the second layer over the first and frost the top and sides. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries to give this cake an extra-special look!
- Don't forget to check out our collection of Cake Mix Recipes! There are so many amazing sweets you can make with this shortcut ingredient!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 713
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 4.9g 10 %
- Cholesterol 103mg 34 %
- Sodium 445mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 105g 35 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 89g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!