Summer Berry Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Summer Berry Cake boasts a moist yellow cake smothered in a flavor-packed All-American red, white and blue whipped cream and berry-licious topping.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 quart fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced in half
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries, washed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, buttermilk, butter, and eggs with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Brush 1/4 cup strawberry preserves on top of cake.
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream, confectioners' sugar, and remaining strawberry preserves with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Spread mixture over cake and top with strawberries and blueberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Four-Layer Pecan Pie recipe is layered with creamy filling, crunchy pecans, and a flaky refrigerated pie crust that truly make this a delectable dessert. Top it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup for a dessert you'll want to eat over and over again.