Upside-Down Banana Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We had a little fun in the Test Kitchen and turned your favorite banana bread upside-down! Our Upside-Down Banana Bread is great as-is or served with some vanilla ice cream. Just be warned, no matter how you decide to eat it, it'll be hard to stop at just one piece!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 7 ripe bananas, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly in baking dish and drizzle with butter. Slice 3 bananas in half lengthwise, then cut each of them in half. Layer banana slices cut-side up in baking dish over brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash remaining 4 bananas. Add eggs, oil, water, vanilla, and sugar; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well. Spread batter evenly over bananas.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let sit 5 minutes, then invert onto platter. Serve warm.
Just a Suggestion!
- We think this recipe is great when slight heated and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!