Vanilla Butter Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We fashioned this Vanilla Butter Frosting recipe after a frosting we found topping cupcakes at a school bake sale. The rich buttery taste says this is certainly homemade and ready for topping almost anything.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium-low speed, beat all the ingredients for 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy. Use immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before using.
This homemade frosting recipe is perfect for frosting our Old-Fashioned Pound Cake, or most plain cakes baked in a 9" x 13" pan. You'll see how easily this frosting takes a cake from ordinary to extraordinary!