Vanilla Butter Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We fashioned this Vanilla Butter Frosting recipe after a frosting we found topping cupcakes at a school bake sale. The rich buttery taste says this is certainly homemade and ready for topping almost anything.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium-low speed, beat all the ingredients for 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy. Use immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before using.
This homemade frosting recipe is perfect for frosting our Old-Fashioned Pound Cake, or most plain cakes baked in a 9" x 13" pan. You'll see how easily this frosting takes a cake from ordinary to extraordinary!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!