We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
They say that whiskey cake was a favorite of George Washington's. Once you try our easy version of Whiskey Cake, it'll surely become a favorite of yours, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whiskey
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine raisins, pecans, and flour; mix until raisins and pecans are thoroughly coated then stir them into the cake batter.
- Pour batter into Bundt pan and bake 32 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and whiskey, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; let boil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a fork, poke holes in top of cake and pour syrup over cake.
- Let cool in pan about 15 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!