White Velvet Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our from-scratch White Velvet Cake is such a cinch to bake up, everyone will think it came from the best bakery in town. Take all the credit though, and tell them you made it yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1 (6-ounce) package white chocolate baking bars, broken up
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two (8-inch) round baking pans with cooking spray, then line bottoms with waxed paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine baking bars and milk over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in melted baking bars and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 to 15 minutes, then remove from pans and remove waxed paper. Cool completely.
- Frost with a buttercream frosting or one of your favorite flavors -- whatever you like!
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Classic Cakes: 24 Easy Cake Recipes to Enjoy Year-Round!
- Ever wondered what makes velvet cake "velvet"? Check out the answer on our blog!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 407
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 22g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 62 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 7.3g 15 %
- Cholesterol 115mg 38 %
- Sodium 355mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!