Candy Dish Layered Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's Valentine's Day, and this year we're serving up more than the standard box of chocolates. Imagine the look on your sweetheart's face when you give them our Candy Dish Layered Cake! It looks fancy, but it's super simple to make! Get together your favorite candy as a topping, the more colorful the better. Everyone is sure to fall in love with a cake this creatively sweet.
What You'll Need
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding mix and pie filling
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (16-ounce) can chocolate frosting
- 15 (1.5-ounce) crisp wafer candy bars (We used KitKats)
- 1 chocolate truffle
- 2 cups candy-coated chocolate peanut candies
- 2 cups chocolate coated malt balls
- 2 cups gummy candies
- Ribbon for decoration
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat the bottoms of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, and eggs until thoroughly combined. Pour batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place 1 cake layer on a platter and frost top. Place second layer on top and frost top and sides of cake. Arrange candy bars around cake, as shown, pressing them gently to secure. The candy bars should extend higher than the cake. Place chocolate truffle in center of cake. Arrange 6 more candy bars on top of cake, as shown. Fill each wedge with remaining candies, as shown. Tie a ribbon around the cake, if desired.
One More Thing!
- Nutritional Note: Because this yummy cake can be made with your favorite candies and sweets, the nutritional values will vary. If you're trying to watch your calories, but still looking for a sweet treat that will satisfy, try checking out our creamy-good Guilt-Free Banana Pudding Pie, or for something that's perfect for breakfast and dessert, try our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake!
- Looking for some homemade candy options? You'll love our Peanut Butter Cups, our Gimme a Break Bars, and our Coconut Joys.
- For an Ohio treat, try this recipe for homemade Buckeyes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 963
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 44g 67 %
- Saturated Fat 20g 99 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 52mg 17 %
- Sodium 526mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 135g 45 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.2g 9 %
- Sugars 98g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.