Cookie Cutter Cakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) pound cake
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Food color
- Jelly beans or other candies, for decorating
What to Do
- Trim the dark crust from the top of the cake. Cut the cake in half horizontally.
- Using 3 1/2-inch cookie cutters, cut 3 cookie cutter cakes from each half of pound cake. Place the cakes on a wire rack over a large bowl, set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; stir until a smooth icing forms. Add food color to make the desired color or place the icing in several bowls and color each one as desired.
- Spoon the icing over the cakes, allowing excess to drip into the bowl. Decorate with jelly beans or other candies. Allow the icing to set until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!