Naked Eggnog Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Naked Eggnog Cake is the latest in trendy holiday desserts! Everyone loves eggnog and now it's part of our favorite indulgent cake recipe. It's the perfect dessert to serve at your next potluck or holiday party; the sweet and creamy eggnog, warm cinnamon, and festive nutmeg make this naked cake recipe a Christmas treat you won't soon forget.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, divided, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 (16-ounce) containers cream cheese frosting
- 1 (4-ounce) package white chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat three 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together cake mix, 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg, cinnamon, eggnog, oil, and eggs until smooth. Pour batter evenly into 3 cake pans. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then remove from pans onto wire racks to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese frosting and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg; mix well. Place one cake layer on a platter and spread with one-quarter of frosting. Repeat with remaining layers, then frost top and sides of cake, making sure to frost the cake sides with a thin layer of frosting. Refrigerate cake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave safe bowl, combine white chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave 45 to 60 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Let sit 10 to 15 minutes to thicken, then pour chocolate ganache over top of cake, letting it run down the sides as seen in the photograph. Chill 15 minutes. Garnish with extra nutmeg.
Check This Out!
- We've got more eggnog recipes where this one came from! Start your day with our Eggnog French Toast Bake, and end it with our Iced Eggnog Cookies.
- Plus, if you're throwing a holiday party, serve up this very special Gingersnap Eggnog!
- You're sure to find something you love in this collection of Easy Eggnog Recipes for Everyone.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.