Strawberry Banana Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This fantastic Strawberry Banana Cake is our favorite part of spring! The winning combination of juicy strawberries and sweet bananas comes together in a picturesque, and totally easy, cake recipe we can't get enough of. Whether it's at that first warm weather potluck, a backyard picnic, or just around your kitchen table after dinner, this spring dessert recipe is sure to impress.
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) package strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 very ripe bananas)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 serving size) package instant banana cream pudding and pie filling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in bananas until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into baking dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, milk, and pudding mix until thickened. Frost cake, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Just a Note!
- When ready to serve, garnish with strawberries and sliced bananas that have been drizzled with lemon juice to keep from turning brown.
- For more strawberry sweets, try our Strawberry-Lemon Cream Puff Cake, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars, or our Double Strawberry Swirl Cheesecakes.
- Going crazy for bananas? Make our Diner-Style Banana Cream Pie, our Chocolate-Topped Banana Cake, or one of these Irresistible Banana Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!