Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Bacon Candy Crack-Up
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
We're sharing our love of bacon with this decadent cracker candy recipe that's topped with...you guessed it, bacon. Our Bacon Candy Crack-Up starts with saltine crackers that are topped with a homemade caramel sauce and finished with a layer of dark chocolate and crumbled bacon. Just a warning: this candy is really addictive!
What You'll Need
- 35 saltine crackers (about 1 sleeve from a 16-ounce box)
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 pound bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 10- x 15- inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay crackers on baking sheet, packing tightly.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add sugar and bring to a boil 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar is completely dissolved, stirring frequently. Immediately pour over crackers.
- Bake 7 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers; return to oven 1 minute. Remove and evenly spread chocolate, then sprinkle with bacon.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, then break into pieces. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- We don't recommend substituting margarine for butter in this recipe.
- If you're crazy about bacon, then you're going to love our collection of Best Bacon Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Calories 293
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20g 31 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 54 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 6.1g 12 %
- Cholesterol 35mg 12 %
- Sodium 489mg 20 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!