We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chocolate-Covered Spoons make a great party favor or holiday gift. They're easy to make and decorate just the way you want 'em!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 20 plastic spoons
- Colored sugar crystals
What to Do
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips and vegetable shortening 1 minute; stir. Continue to stir and microwave in 10 second intervals, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip plastic spoons in chocolate and place on wax paper-lined platter. Sprinkle with colored sugar crystals. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- You can decorate these with white chocolate drizzle instead of the colored sugar crystals. Just heat white chocolate bars or chips the same way you heat the chocolate.
- And for that holiday gift-giving, just wrap in cellophane and tie with a ribbon.
- Want a great holiday gift idea? Make a few of these Chocolate-Covered Spoons and gift them along with our Hot Cocoa Mix!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!