We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Pralines are a rich, patty-shaped Southern candy made from pecans. And for all you chocoholics out there, these are "to-die for!"
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
What to Do
- In a large saucepan that has been coated with 1 teaspoon butter, combine sugar, buttermilk, baking soda, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes, until soft ball stage is reached, stirring constantly (see Note).
- Remove from heat and add remaining 1/4 cup butter, chocolate chips, and vanilla; continue stirring until melted and smooth. Add pecans and stir until well coated.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 1-inch apart on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Allow to cool at room temperature until set. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
To test for soft ball stage: Drop a bit of mixture from a teaspoon into a glass of cold water. If it forms a soft ball, that flattens when you remove it from water, it has reached soft ball stage. If not, continue to cook mixture, then test again after a bit.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 128
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.7g 1 %
- Cholesterol 4.4mg 1 %
- Sodium 102mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!