Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Dolly's Rum Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We got this spirited, holiday-favorite recipe from a dear lady named Dolly. Ever since then, we've been serving up Dolly's Rum Balls at all of our holiday parties. It's hard to resist these sugar-and-chocolate-coated rum balls!
What You'll Need
- 1 package (12-ounce) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- granulated sugar for rolling
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine crushed wafers, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and crushed walnuts; mix well. Stir in the rum and corn syrup until thoroughly combined.
- Place granulated sugar in a shallow dish. Roll cookie mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls. Roll in sugar until completely coated.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to serve.
- If you moisten your hands before rolling the balls, the rum ball dough will be easier to work with, and you'll have less sticking to you!
- Flavored rum adds a unique twist to traditional rum balls! We also like using colored sugar crystals to make them look more festive for the holidays!
- Looking for more holiday-favorite candy recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Christmas Candy Recipes: 24 Ideas for Homemade Christmas Gifts!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.