Fig and Walnut Truffles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A tin of these little wonders makes one of the sweetest gifts or desserts you could ever offer. Figs and walnuts mixed with chocolate...what could be better?
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped figs
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the cream, butter, and corn syrup to a boil over medium-low heat. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. When the chocolate is completely melted and combined into the mixture, stir in the figs and walnuts.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking pan. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours, or until firm but not solid.
- Using a teaspoon, form the mixture into walnut-sized balls. Place the cocoa in a shallow dish and roll the truffles in the cocoa, coating completely.
- Place on a platter, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Makes about 48 truffles.
Instead of cocoa, you can roll the truffles in confectioners' sugar, if you'd like.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.