Fig and Walnut Truffles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A tin of these little wonders makes one of the sweetest gifts or desserts you could ever offer. Figs and walnuts mixed with chocolate...what could be better?
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped figs
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the cream, butter, and corn syrup to a boil over medium-low heat. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. When the chocolate is completely melted and combined into the mixture, stir in the figs and walnuts.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking pan. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours, or until firm but not solid.
- Using a teaspoon, form the mixture into walnut-sized balls. Place the cocoa in a shallow dish and roll the truffles in the cocoa, coating completely.
- Place on a platter, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours, or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Makes about 48 truffles.
Instead of cocoa, you can roll the truffles in confectioners' sugar, if you'd like.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.