Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Gimme a Break Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 22 candy bars
- 10 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
With all the running around we do, it's nice to take a break with something sweet from time to time, which is why we came up with this recipe for "Gimme a Break Bars." Once you try our version of this copycat candy recipe, you might never go back to the store-bought kind again.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 (14-ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (10-ounce) package dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package white chocolate melting wafers
What to Do
- Line a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, microwave dark chocolate for 60 seconds, stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place wafer in chocolate, coating evenly on all sides. Using a fork, remove wafer and shake off any excess chocolate and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookies. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave white chocolate for 30 seconds, stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place in a small resealable plastic bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle white chocolate over chocolate-covered wafers. Refrigerate 5 minutes, or until chocolate is set. Remove from wax paper and enjoy. Store in airtight container.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!