Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Homemade Cracker Candy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What is cracker candy? It's a simple homemade candy that uses crackers as a base. In our recipe for Homemade Cracker Candy we start with buttery crackers, which add a little bit of saltiness to our sweet confection. Then, we top those with a layer of caramel and a layer of chocolate before finishing off our candy with some chopped pecans. The results are so good, we're sure that once you give this cracker candy a try you'll be making it over and over again.
What You'll Need
- 24 round buttery crackers
- 3/4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil; lightly coat foil with cooking spray. Arrange crackers in a single layer in pan.
- In a medium saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture over crackers.
- Bake 5 minutes; turn off oven. Sprinkle crackers with chocolate chips and let stand in oven 3 minutes, or until chocolate is melted. Spread chocolate evenly over crackers. Sprinkle pecans over chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm, then cut with a sharp knife into pieces. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Looking for another recipe for cracker candy? Check out our recipes for Brickle Crunch (saltine cracker candy) and Break up Brittle (graham cracker candy)! Plus, don't forget to download our FREE eCookbook, Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old-Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge, & More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.