Irish Potato Candy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't let the name fool 'ya. Our Irish Potato Candy is a sweet treat that doesn't contain potatoes at all, they just look like 'em. Be warned, this easy candy recipe is so addictive you're likely to eat the whole batch!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1 (7-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla and confectioners' sugar and beat until mixture forms a ball. With a spoon, stir in coconut. Roll mixture between your hands to form small potato-shaped candies, or roll into small balls.
- Place cinnamon in a shallow dish. Roll balls in cinnamon then place on a baking sheet, cover, and chill about 1 hour, or until firm.
Make sure to use regular cream cheese, not a whipped or reduced-fat type. And if you prefer "dirtier potatoes," roll the candies a second time in additional cinnamon once chilled.
- And in case you're looking for an easier St. Patty's day dinner, try our delicious Skillet Corned Beef and Cabbage!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a last-minute dinner party, or just looking for a way to fancy up a quick weeknight dinner? Well then, our Really Easy Pork Scaloppine is just the ticket. This dish looks fancy schmancy, but it only takes 10 minutes to make!