Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
Kissable Butter Mints
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With drops of food coloring and peppermint extract, these Kissable Butter Mints are as cute as they are tasty. Serve up a big platter of these holiday-inspired treats tonight.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops red food color
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat sugar and butter for 2 to 3 minutes, until creamy. Add cream, peppermint extract, and food color; beat for 3 to 4 minutes, until well blended.
- Roll mixture into 1/2-inch balls. Using your thumb, lightly push down the center of each ball to form a wafer; place on a wire rack and allow to dry overnight, uncovered.
- Serve, or transfer to an airtight container until ready to serve.
For other tempting treats, download our Recipes for Romance: 30 Valentine's Day Desserts and Drink Recipes free eCookbook.