Mini Almond Dream Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 50 Min
- COOK TIME
- 2 Min
Try your hand at making your own homemade candy with our recipe for Mini Almond Dream Bars. Just like the name implies, these 4-ingredient candy bars taste like a dream. You can make these any time, so you have them on-hand whenever you're craving a sweet treat!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) chocolate baking bar, divided (see Note)
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 28 whole almonds
What to Do
- Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, extending over sides. Coat foil with cooking spray. Line a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave half the baking chocolate 60 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave marshmallow creme 30 seconds, or until melted. Stir in vanilla and the melted chocolate; mix well. Spread evenly in loaf pan. Freeze 45 minutes or until firm.
- Lift candy from pan, and cut into 7 even bars, then cut each bar in half. Gently press 2 almonds in center of each candy bar.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining chocolate bar 60 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place candy bars in melted chocolate one at a time, coating evenly on all sides. Using a fork, remove each bar and shake off any excess chocolate; place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bars. Refrigerate 5 minutes, or until chocolate is set. Remove from wax paper and enjoy. Store in airtight container.
The Test Kitchen used CANDIQUIK® candy coating, but chocolate melting wafers or discs will work just as well.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Calories 222
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.9g 6 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 11mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.