Homemade Candy Recipes: 20 Old Fashioned Recipes for Chocolate Candy, Fudge & More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With our easy recipe for Praline Squares, you don't have to take a trip to New Orleans to enjoy the taste of pralines, a nutty Southern treat.
What You'll Need
- 24 whole graham crackers (12 sheets)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange graham crackers in a single layer on an ungreased 10- x 15-inch baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar; bring to a boil, stirring constantly 2 minutes. Add pecans; mix well. Spoon mixture evenly over graham crackers.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes. Cut into squares while still warm. Store in an airtight container.
These taste just like Southern pralines, but they're so much easier to make! It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 199
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 5.1g 26 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 1.5g 3 %
- Cholesterol 20mg 7 %
- Sodium 150mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 22g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!