Classic Scalloped Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got good news! You can stop worrying about what you're having for dinner tonight, because this Classic Scalloped Chicken is the best thing on the menu. There's no need to get jittery because this easy casserole recipe is ready in no time, and totally willing to be a part of your weeknight dinner plans. Get ready for something hot and delicious everyone will love!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 stick (2 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (12-ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter; sauté chicken 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and add broth, gravy, mushrooms, peas, pimientos, and rice; mix well. Pour into baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, uncover, and stir well. Bake, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes, or until rice is tender. Serve immediately.
Check This Out!
- For more fantastic chicken dinners, try our 15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore, our All-in-One Southern Dinner, or our BBQ Spatchcock Chicken!
- Want more casseroles? You'll love our Chicken Ranch Casserole, our Country Corn Casserole, or our Golden Salmon Bake.
- How about something classic? Try our Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.