We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 3/4 cups per serving
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 35 Min
You may be a fan of lasagna, but we bet you've never had it like this! Our Eggplant Lasagna is the perfect way to add a serving of vegetables to that hearty Italian dinner. Don't worry, you still get all the seasoned beef, melty cheese, and delicious sauce you'd find in a regular lasagna, but our recipe adds a little crunch, and takes away some of the carbs. One bite, and you'll never go back.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 medium-sized eggplants, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13- inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat oil over and sauté onions 4 minutes. Add eggplant and water, cover, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in ground beef, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook, uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes, until no pink remains, crumbling the meat as it cooks.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta and Parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; mix well.
- Spread one-half of spaghetti sauce evenly over bottom of dish. Spread one-half of the eggplant mixture over sauce then top with half of cheese mixture and sprinkle top with half the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers one more time, ending with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 more minutes, or until heated through and golden. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 627
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 40g 61 %
- Saturated Fat 19g 95 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 39g 79 %
- Cholesterol 191mg 64 %
- Sodium 2,172mg 91 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.2g 25 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .