We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Simmer up some ground beef and enchilada sauce for a casserole that'll knock your socks off. This Enchilada Casserole has all your favorite Mexican flavors with all the ease of a casserole. Make sure you don't forget the margaritas when you serve this one up at the next fiesta!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (11-ounce) can Fiesta corn, drained (See Note)
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 (5-inch) corn tortillas, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook beef and onion, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir tomato sauce, corn, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper into meat mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place half of tortillas in bottom of baking dish. Spoon half of beef mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas and beef mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Fiesta corn is corn with chopped red and green bell peppers. If you can't find it in your local supermarket, plain corn will work just fine.
- As an option, add a dollop of sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro for extra layers of flavor.
- Add a little heat to this dish by substituting equal amounts of Monterey Jack cheese with peppers for the Cheddar. Green chili peppers add nice color as well as a bit more spice! And the best part is that more or less can be added depending on your taste!