Golden Squash Casserole
See how easy it is to make a squash casserole without using eggs so that it's diabetic-friendly!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Around our Test Kitchen, we think everything tastes better with a bit of cheese! Of course, when it comes to lighter recipes, we turn to reduced-fat cheese varieties to add that creamy goodness! That's just what you'll find in our Golden Squash Casserole, so go ahead and dig in!
If you've been searching for a make-ahead squash casserole that's ideal for a potluck, late summer or fall party, then this should be your new go-to! This recipe is a great side dish but can be eaten as a main dish, too!
Visit our diabetic-friendly site, Everyday Diabetic Recipes, to find more recipes like this!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds (about 7) yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Golden Squash Casserole Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, add squash with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or just until squash is tender. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine squash, 1/2 cup cheese, mayonnaise, egg substitute, salt, and pepper. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden and heated through.
To find even more great-tasting diabetic-friendly recipes, as well as the complete nutritional information for this recipe, click HERE!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!