Good Ol' Tuna Noodle Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Good Ol' Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting classic that first become popular in the 1950s. Our version has the same mouthwatering flavors, but we've added a few shortcuts, so that you have more time to spend with the family. This tuna noodle casserole has a nostalgic feel, and you might just find all those childhood memories coming to join you at the table.
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 (10-3/4-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can solid tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (13-ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup French-fried onions
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk; mix well. Add noodles, tuna, Swiss cheese, peas, butter, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish then top evenly with French-fried onions.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- When it comes to the tuna, we think this is best with white solid tuna packed in water. It seems to give it the freshest taste. Yes, it’s a bit more expensive, so if you prefer, chunked in oil will work. The choice is yours.
- For more great-tasting dinners, check out our Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole, or Mom's Tuna Noodle Casserole! For something a little fun and different, try our Macaroni Tuna Skillet!
- For some yummy salad options, check out our easy Caesar Salad recipe, or for something the whole family will love, try our Garbage Salad!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 552
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 20g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 9.4g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 32g 64 %
- Cholesterol 104mg 35 %
- Sodium 881mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.7g 19 %
- Sugars 7.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's an all-in-one skillet meal that your family is sure to love! Our All-in-One Sausage Dinner is made with your favorite Italian sausage, along with some veggies, and yummy egg noodles. Everything cooks together in a homemade sour cream sauce for extra-goodness. And it only takes about 30 minutes!