Jalapeno Chicken Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The powerful flavor kick coming from the chopped jalapeno peppers make our Jalapeno Chicken Casserole really pop. The ease of using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken means one less step to getting this one on the table in a flash.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (12-ounce) package nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips
- 6 cups chopped cooked chicken (see Note)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion, scallions, and jalapeno peppers; saute until tender. Remove skillet from heat; stir in spinach, soup, sour cream, and ground cumin.
- Layer half each of tortilla chips, chicken, spinach mixture, and cheese in a lightly greased 9- x 13- inch baking dish. Repeat layers, ending with spinach mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes; sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Two store-bought rotisserie chickens should yield enough chicken for this recipe.
- Hungry for more? Check out our collection of Easy Mexican Casserole Recipes: the Best Mexican Casseroles.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!