Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're going to love this comforting Italian dinner! Little Italy Eggplant Rollatini is our version of a restaurant favorite. It's basically an eggplant roll-up that's filled with lots of creamy cheese and covered in spaghetti sauce. Once your family gets a taste, they're going to ask for it again and again!
What You'll Need
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large eggplant, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick slices (about 16 slices total)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (32-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place eggs in a shallow dish; beat well. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Dip eggplant slices in egg then coat completely with bread crumbs. Place coated eggplant slices in skillet a few at a time and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden, adding more oil as needed. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce over the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Place eggplant on a work surface and spread 1/4 cup ricotta cheese mixture over the top of each. Sprinkle evenly with basil. Roll up jelly roll fashion and place seam-side down in baking dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over eggplant rolls and top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.
- The nutrition provided for this recipe is estimated. The breading ingredients were measured both at the beginning and at the end of the breading process. Nutrition was calculated based on the amount of egg and bread crumbs actually used. Individual results may vary.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 589
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 40g 61 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 85 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 27g 54 %
- Cholesterol 146mg 49 %
- Sodium 1,210mg 50 %
- Total Carbohydrates 32g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 19 %
- Sugars 9.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.