We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 cups per serving
- COOK TIME
- 50 Min
We raided our pantry to come up with this casserole inspired by one of your favorite Italian soups! Our Minestrone Casserole is thick, hearty, and full of great flavors! That's why it's the perfect recipe for an easy Italian dinner at home.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups uncooked medium-sized pasta shells
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and celery 8 to 10 minutes or until browned; drain off any excess liquid.
- Pour sausage mixture into a large bowl and add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into casserole dish; cover and bake 50 minutes or until heated through and pasta is cooked, stirring twice throughout the cooking.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- For a little extra flavor, top this casserole with Parmesan cheese!
- We've got more Italian casseroles right here! Try our Chicken Fettuccine Casserole, or our Meat Lover's Lasagna.
- Looking for an Italian dinner menu? Try this Tomato Angel Pasta, with our Three Cheese Garlic Bread on the side. Finish with our Classic Italian Cheesecake!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 273
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 20g 40 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 1,168mg 49 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.0g 32 %
- Sugars 6.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.