Perfect Pineapple Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a casserole recipe that's a little unexpected and a whole lot pleasing. Pineapple Casserole is a Southern favorite that can double as a side dish or a dessert! Everyone will love the surprise ingredient in this yummy dish.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons pineapple gelatin mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs (like Ritz)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together gelatin mix, sugar, cornstarch, and water until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil and continue to whisk until thickened. Stir in pineapple chunks and cheese. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over pineapple mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
- This is a great side dish for your Easter spread. For more great ideas, check out our collection of Easter Side Dishes.
- PIneapple adds such a bright and refreshing zip to so many recipes! We suggest you also try our Barbecue Chicken Tart for another tasty option.
- Love pineapple? Check out our list of yummy pineapple desserts.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 371
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 6.3g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 7.2g 14 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 310mg 13 %
- Total Carbohydrates 61g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 48g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.