Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We gave a family-favorite a tasty and modern makeover by adding a crispy, potato tot topping that's so good everyone will want to dig in right away! They'll be surprised to find such a tasty, gooey, cheesy, and meaty filling in this amazing Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups frozen potato tots
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole or 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned; drain off excess liquid. Stir in taco seasoning; mix well. Add enchilada sauce and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into casserole and top with potato tots.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until potato tots are golden. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and cook 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Garnish with scallion slices and serve.
- If you like this potato tot casserole, you should definitely check out our recipe for Potato Tot Nachos!
- Looking for more quick, easy, and tasty back-to-school ideas like this one? Check out our FREE eCookbook, Cool Fuel for School: 30 Recipes for Kid-Friendly Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.