Satisfying Shepherd's Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We know the craving for a shepherd's pie casserole can come on suddenly, and that means you want to have it fast. We took a few shortcuts when making this Satisfying Shepherd's Pie, because we wanted to shave off some of the cooking time. That way, since you don't have to wait longer, you're more...well, satisfied.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1.15-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (18-ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain excess liquid, if necessary. Add soup mix, gravy, garlic powder, and black pepper; mix well. Stir in vegetables.
- Place mixture in casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes over top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
Beefy: We love beef recipes, because it's such a versatile ingredient. This collection has a ton of delicious beef dinner recipes. There's something for everyone in the entire family. Make sure you click on it now. 10 Easy Weeknight Beef Dinners
- Did you know that in England this wouldn't be considered a shepherd's pie casserole? The British call it cottage pie, since authentic shepherd's pie is actually made with chunks of lamb. It'll be fun to share this bit of trivia when serving up this casserole.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Download our free eCookbook for more dinner ideas!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 437
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 25g 38 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 56 %
- Trans Fat 1.3g 0 %
- Protein 26g 53 %
- Cholesterol 97mg 32 %
- Sodium 341mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.5g 18 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.