Satisfying Shepherd's Pie
This shepherd's pie casserole is a dish that the whole family will love, especially when the weather is chilly!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're on the hunt for ground beef recipes, shepherd's pie is one of the most popular you'll find. Our Mr. Food shepherd's pie is indulgent but oh so easy. With a few ingredient time savers, you will spend more time enjoying the meal than working over the stove.
We know the craving for a shepherd's pie casserole can come on suddenly, and that means you want to have it fast. We took a few shortcuts when making this Satisfying Shepherd's Pie because we wanted to shave off some of the cooking time. That way, since you don't have to wait longer, you're more...well, satisfied.
Watch the video below and then scroll for the ingredients and recipe. Make it in advance or the day you are hankering for this classic, and you'll have a meal your family won't forget.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1.15-ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (18-ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Paprika for sprinkling
Shepherd's Pie Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain excess liquid, if necessary. Add soup mix, gravy, garlic powder, and black pepper; mix well. Stir in vegetables.
- Place mixture in casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes over top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through. Then serve!
Beefy: We love beef recipes, because it's such a versatile ingredient. This collection has a ton of delicious beef dinner recipes. There's something for everyone in the entire family. Make sure you click on it now. 10 Easy Weeknight Beef Dinners
- Did you know that in England this wouldn't be considered a shepherd's pie casserole? The British call it cottage pie, since authentic shepherd's pie is actually made with chunks of lamb. It'll be fun to share this bit of trivia when serving up this casserole.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Download our free eCookbook for more dinner ideas!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 437
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 25g 38 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 56 %
- Trans Fat 1.3g 0 %
- Protein 26g 53 %
- Cholesterol 97mg 32 %
- Sodium 341mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.5g 18 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)