Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After a long day most of us don't want to spend extra time in the kitchen. That's where our recipe for Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice comes in. This easy, throw-together, all-in-one dish cooks while you're away, so you can have a complete and satisfying dinner ready when you need it to be.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed broccoli cheese soup
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 2 (6-ounce) packages wild and long-grain converted rice mix with seasoning packets
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a 4-quart (or larger) slow cooker, combine chicken, water, soup, and onion; mix well. Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- Add broccoli and rice; cover and cook for an additional hour.
- Stir in cheese and serve.
- Want more where this came from? Here are 14 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes You Must Try
- If you're a fan of this recipe then check out How to Cook with Your Slow Cooker, Plus 11 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration!
If you enjoyed our recipe for Slow Cooked Chicken 'n' Rice, then be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!